Every year about this time I look forward to attending the SBC of Virginia’s Annual Homecoming celebration. It is one of my favorite trips I take every year. I personally value networking and relationships so sending me to Annual Homecoming is like hyping up a little kid and turning them loose in a candy store. I really do get that excited for this event and here are several of the reasons why:
- Church planting is valued by our state convention so awareness is made, not just for Rising Church, but for all of our state-wide church planting efforts.
- I get to spend time with friends that I wouldn’t normally get a chance to hang out with for 2 days.
- I get to network with like-minded pastors from all over the state and make new friends.
- It’s a great excuse to wear my neon green church planting polo that was provided to me by the state convention (I may be the only planter out of the 70+ planters in our state who authentically loves this shirt!).
- They bring in great speakers and worship every year so my cup is filled up during our Worship Sessions.
- Great ideas and best practices are shared in dozens of breakout sessions during the day. My problem is picking out which of the breakouts to attend.
- I’m grateful for the coalition of churches that we are a part of which is made possible by the SBC of Virginia.
- I am reminded of how many people believe in our church plant and are cheering us on from all over Virginia!